Before we begin our unit, here is some general pre-reading. You will find more specific teacher background reading related to each lesson on its page.
How does our Solar System work?
- What is the relationship between the Earth, the moon and the Sun?
- How do things move in space?
- Are all the planets the same?
- What moves through our Solar System?
Student Voice Questions
- What else is in our universe?
- Can life be sustained in space?
- The Earth is a part of a system of planets orbiting around a star.
Student Voice Understandings
- The planets in our Solar System have different properties.
Welcome to Apollo Parkways Grade 5 Science Blog!
This will be a place where teachers @apollo can access lesson outlines, background reading, resources and videos.
Each lesson & the resources required will be in order under each of the 5E pages – Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate and Enact.